We are so excited about our 100 Book Club for Kindergarten!
Our kinders are working so hard learning how to read this year! We are striving for each child to be exposed to 100 books this year. Our parents have been busy listening to their little ones read and also reading to their little ones.
I want to thank our parents for reading to and with your child each night! We want to encourage everyone to take part in reading success!
How can I help my child read?
* Look at the cover and the illustrations
* Make predictions
* Point to each word with two fingers ( pointer and middle)
* Use picture clues to help you read
* Talk about the story
* Ask open ended questions
* Make connections to the story
* Retell the story in your own words
* Please ask your child questions about the stories they read
Last Modified on June 8, 2014